Sunday, March 27, 2011

it's about time

In my house, there are four digital clocks.
There's one on the computer and another on the cell phone. One is on the oven and the last is on the microwave.

Now I've never been much of a clock watcher.
Mostly, especially since I've lived in Key West, unless I've got a meeting or a date, I don't care what time it is.
Still every once in a while my eye will catch a glimpse of one or either of my kitchen clocks and it seems like, since we sprang forward to daylight savings time again, my clocks are having a little fun with me.

If I look at a clock three times in a day (which is about right),
two out of those three times the green LED will read in seemingly whimsical ways.

For example. . .
1 - 1 - 1, 2 - 2 - 2 or 3 - 3 - 3
And it doesn't stop there. . .
10 - 10, 11 - 11 and 12 - 12
Then it gets more interesting. . .
9 - 10, 10 - 11, 11 - 12, 12 - 13
or. . .
2 - 3 - 4 or 4 - 3 - 2
and 4 - 5 - 6 or 6 - 5 - 4
Then, there's my all time favorite. . .
1 - 2 - 3 - 4

To me, it just seems a little peculiar.
I mean, what are the odds?
Glance at a clock maybe three times in a day and at least two of those times seeing static or sequential numerical patterns.
Are the clocks timing me or am I timing the clocks?

It's nothing I spend too much "time" thinking about (I'm not a numerologist after all), it's just something to make you say, "hmmm. . ."

"Tempus Fugit"



No comments: