Monday, January 2, 2012

a new year, a new adventure


For the past 17 years, here in Key West, there has been a newspaper publication called "Key West the Newspaper".
For the last 12 of those 17 years I've been that publication's
Art Director.

During those years, columnists, associate editors and sales people have come and gone, but mostly Key West the Newspaper was a 2 man operation.
Dennis Cooper, the paper's founder and publisher, wrote the news and I made sure it was fit for print.

Early last week, Key West the Newspaper died.

It never paid very well but through the years Dennis and I were successful workmates, drinking buddies,
close friends, brothers.
That for me was, in many ways, more valuable than cash.

For me, Key West the Newspaper was a good gig
and I'll miss it.
But now it's a new year and time for a new adventure.

Stay tuned. . .

No comments: