Saturday, November 29, 2008

black friday

Even if I hadn't started my career in retail advertising and media publishing, I would have found out about Black Friday soon enough anyway. My second ex-wife was (and probably still is) a professional shopper. . .
"White Sales", "Midnight Madness Free-for-alls" and eight hour "Sale Daze" of bargain buying and returning items on alternate Saturdays.

As addictions go, I figure compulsive shopping is innocuous enough but instead of cruisin' out to K-Mart at 4 a.m.
I thought I'd. . .

Pretend Black Friday was Cerulean Sunday, meet up with a few old friends and muse the afternoon away. . .

Help myself to another cold turkey sandwich and sleep off the balance of Thursday's trictophan-induced coma. . .

. . .and absolutely positively NOT go shopping! (sorry Tony)

No comments: