Tuesday, June 22, 2010

hot as sun

It's hot as sun out there these last few days.

Surely it's summer in the Southernmost City.
89, 90, 91 degrees; but the weather girl says the heat index is makes it feel like 105 (yeah, I'll buy that).
At least it rained a little yesterday and cooled things off a bit, but today, not so much.

I'm not complaining, mostly I like the feel of the heat and I know the drill; air condition the bedroom, take three or four cold showers a day, wear as few clothes as humanly possible and, of course, keep the ceiling fans going 24/7.

After that, move like a Mexican. . . very slowly.

I've been to Mexico a few times and learned that when it comes to dealing with summer swelter, they are very wise people.
Work from dawn to one, siesta through the heat of the sun
and party from dusk 'til the new day's begun.
No push, no pressure, no problem.

And I'm pretty sure it's the heat that slows the pace of our island lifestyle down here in Key West.

1 comment:

RumShopRyan said...

I like that work ethic. Sounds a lot like island time.

Sign me up and put a cold drink in my hand.

Cheers!