Sunday, May 1, 2011

a stretch of beach-front, a palm tree and a handful of colorful kayaks

Life in paradise, at least for me and most of my friends, is the greatest thing since sliced bread. But it is in no way an inoculation against "real world" horsesh*t.

I guess I've got the "real world" up my ass as much as
anyone else. . .
Death and taxes, angry ex-wives, workplace issues and maybe the occasional run-in with the sheriff's department.

When that stuff happens, I deal with it as best I can and try not to take any of it all that seriously. Then I'll retreat to a quiet corner of Cayo Hueso, catch my breath and remember that in spite of it all, life is good.

All it takes is a stretch of beach-front, a palm tree and a handful of colorful kayaks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ex wives how many do you have and what about your children which are truly forgotten by you for many many years, to them you are dead or might as well be. You don't even have the privilege to be with your lovely grandchildren or know what they are all about. At least one of your exwifes who is the mother of your children basks in the glory and love of both childeren and grandchildere

Arthur Winstanley said...

As the Christ, Gautama Buddah, Krishna & Muhammed teach us, love is about humility; having very little to do with glory.
As for the rest, my anonymous friend, you seem to be fairly uninformed.
Blessings - a