Thursday, March 1, 2012

the key west claw

I've got it in my head that if I ever get to where I need to find a "real job", I want this one.

This dude, with his broad brimmed straw hat and leather work gloves, works for Waste Management, the garbage gurus
of the galaxy.
He drives around all day picking up all manner of stuff left out on the curb. He pulls a lever and a big-ass claw comes out of the back of his giant dump truck to hoist refrigerators, washing machines, sofas, mattresses, hugh piles of palm fronds and volkswagons (well no, I made that one up. But I'll bet he could.) Then he drives it off to God only knows where and all that stuff is never seen or heard from again.

The dude is totally happy in his work (and he didn't want his picture taken). And why wouldn't he be happy? Not only does he get to drive around paradise all day without a boss looking over his shoulder and probably pulls down a pretty good salary, but he gets to play with a ginormous version of one of those grab the teddy-bear with the claw Asbury Park
arcade games.

Outside of the arts, that's the job for me.

No comments: