Tuesday, September 11, 2012

that sorry day

"September 11, 2001" © 2001 arthur a. winstanley

I drew this one exactly as I was watching the live coverage of events in lower Manhattan on September 11, 2001 from Florida on the T.V.

There's not a whole lot anyone can say about that sorry day that hasn't already been said and I'm not even gonna try to add anything here. But I did want to pay a moment of homage to all those souls who were, through no fault of their own, put in positions of absolute powerless-ness.
No one human being has the right to put another in that place.
It's just wrong.

I don't believe in the existence of "heaven" or similary, in the existence of "hell".
But karma is our reality. We, all of us, will reap whatever
we sow.

Outside the mainstream consciousness there remains a question as to who is responsible for the crimes of that
sorry day.
I'm not sure we'll ever know for sure and, all these years gone,
I'm not sure it matters. But whoever was responsible, knows that they are; and will, in this life or their next, be fated to
realize the reckoning.

1 comment:

James Winstanley said...

Yep. But what gets me is that this event was used to justify two illegal wars upon other countries as well as a 3,000 page act called the "PATRIOT Act". How the Hell does a 3,000 page act get written and passed by Congress within a few weeks of a tragedy like that? Unless it was all planned ahead. Think about it.