Saturday, July 5, 2008

sine qua non

I offer this picture of flags.
The lower, the flag of the Conch Republic, my home, seeming no worse for the wear.
The upper, the flag of the American Republic, also my home, looking just a bit more tattered than it did a dozen
years ago.

Yesterday was the fourth of July and I was fixin' to put up a beautiful picture of fireworks and wish everyone well and happy but I couldn't do it.
The trouble was, I couldn't get behind it! (and everyone who knows me knows I won't do anything I can't get behind).
With all the mischief that involves our present government, our way of life is in deep voodoo. Words like "INDEPENDENCE", "LIBERTY" and "FREEDOM" don't seem to carry much weight when balanced, (on the scale of justice), against bar-b-qed burgers, one too many Miller Lights and "spend your stimulus check at WalMart".

This site was not designed to be a political forum and will not become such.
But I am a thinking man and on this the 232nd anniversary of our failing American Republic I wanted to share my thoughts, via these links, with my readers. . .

THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

INDEPENDENCE DAY: LET US REMEMBER WHO WE ARE

THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION


RON PAUL - STOP DREAMING


AMERICA FREEDOM TO FASCISM - AARON RUSSO INTERVIEW

AMERICA FREEDOM TO FASCISM


RESTORE THE REPUBLIC

LIBERTARIAN PARTY

No comments: