Tuesday, July 8, 2008

tiga

This pretty girl belongs to my dearest friend in all the world.
We have something of a love/hate relationship, she and I.
One minute she'll let me hand feed her shrimp from my dinner plate and the next she'll hiss and growl if I come into the same room with her. One day she'll claw at me if I sit too close beside her on the floor and the next day, same floor same space, she'll pose for pictures.
I've come to realize that when Tiga is calm, there is no deeper love. But when she is not, all the hissing and growling are just a protection against the memory of old hurts.
Our personalities are very much alike that way and that, I believe, is why we both seek safe harbour in our one dearest friend.

1 comment:

Lily Wall said...

Take heart! Cats are like that. It's really nothing personal. Tiga just loves her own person. My daughter has a cat who allows the rest of us to look at her and speak to her...but that is all. I am also allowed to toss some treats in her tunnel but nowhere else.