Tuesday, August 5, 2008

pelican sunset

Sunset is a tourist attraction in Key West.
Every evening any number of artists, fire eaters, tight rope walking dogs and a guy named Clem, wearing a kilt and playing bagpipes, get together with hundreds of tourists on Mallory Square to watch the sun sink into the Gulf.
I used to participate in the mayhem until one evening I overheard a woman, her gaze fixed on the setting sun a hands breath above the horizon, ask her husband, "do you think this happens
every night?"

I made up my mind then and there that, at the end of the day, my life might be better served spending time with life forms that have a better grasp of what's going on around them.

other than that, this photograph has also been published as cover art for the book "Between Man and Woman Keys"
by Rosalind Brackenbury

1 comment:

Georgia's blogs said...

What can a mere human say!!!!!