Sunday, August 31, 2008

possibilities

I inherited this plant last summer and added him to the potted garden I keep out on my porch. I don't know what kind of plant he is so, if anyone recognizes him, I'd love to know.

What I do know is, he's a climbing vine and overnight, if I leave the broom out beside him after I've swept the porch, he reaches out and spirals a tentacle around the broom stick. If I carefully un-wrap his grip, by the next day he's found his way around it again.

The plant is consciously reaching for the broom handle!

A few days ago I noticed this brush of tiny pink flowers extending from the ends of not one, but two of the vine's tentacles that had braided together, as if in a long erotic embrace, to produce a new generation of, "possibilities".

Nancy Forrester's Secret Garden is, literally, the last
undeveloped green acre in Old Town.
Please help us
keep it that way. Click the piggybank to make your donation.

No comments: