Sunday, August 10, 2008

strained glass

Well, we're mid-way through hurricane season here in Cayo Hueso and this weekend my neighbors, Cathy and Bob and I did our annual inventory of the plywood protection we can screw in over our windows in the event something big blows through, (it turns out that 130mph winds can put a strain on glass).
We're in good nik here but, when I was downtown this afternoon, I got to wondering about these windows. . .
They belong to St. Paul's Episcopal on Duval. . .
Now, I've been here for a formidable storm or two or three and yes, I'm one of those nuts that goes out walking in them (honestly it's exhilarating!) but, through all those storms, I never noticed huge planks of plywood protecting these beautiful window works of art.
Still, they survive without a dent of damage and I thought, "it's a miracle!"

Well, no it isn't and, then again, yes it is. . .
Without the miracle of human imagination, those windows couldn't exist in the first place.
and. . .
Without the miracle of human imagination, there would be no plexiglas to protect them from the strain.


click on the cartoon to enlarge









These folks are good friends, great cooks and I'm happy to help them spread the word.
please click the logo to visit their website. . .

No comments: